There are many warehouse roofing materials are available in the market. Everyone’s own advantages and disadvantages. The warehouse roof is the main aspect of the entire warehouse. Warehouse protects your goods and equipment from thunder, dust, sun, rain, and another disaster. So it is necessary that the warehouse roof be strong and durable. For this, warehouse structures and roof materials should be good.
Day by day manufacturing activities, e-commerce stores, infrastructure for logistics is increasing. Warehouses are being built for large goods stores.
So choosing the roofing material for a warehouse is a responsible job. It is important that the roof reduces the risk of water infiltration and protect your inventory from water leaks. Always choose those roofing materials that can repair in less time and less cost.
These are some of the Warehouse Roofing Materials.
1. Metal Roofing Materials
The metal roofing materials are the finest and most expensive material. some metal roofs will last 90-100 years or more. Metal roofing material requires less maintained but their cost is higher than other material.
1. Aluminum Roofing Material
There are many reasons for using aluminum for warehouse roofing. Some excellent properties of aluminum are.
- Rustless material: It does not rust even when it is in direct contact with water, which leads to its durability.
- Light-weight: Aluminum is a light-weight but strong material. The Aluminum roofing sheet is lighter than other roofing materials.
- Easy to Install: Aluminum roofing sheets are easy to install. This can save you time, money, and energy.
- Long-lasting: This is a long-lasting solution that can last upwards of about 60-70 years.
- Environment Friendliness: Aluminum Environment Friendliness does not cause any harm by using it. Aluminum material has greater recyclability rates.
- Heat Reflector: The Aluminum material is a good heat reflector. Which keeps the temperature of the warehouse low by reflecting the heat of the sun.
2. Zinc Roofing Material
It has many qualities along with beauty. Zinc roofing material is famous for low maintenance and adds beauty to your home. Zinc material has been us for roofing for over 150 years as warehouse roofing materials.
- Eco-friendly roofing: Like Aluminum material, zinc is also environment friendly. Zinc material can be completely recycled without losing quality or suffering degradation. Roofs made of zinc last for about 100 years.
- Attractive Look to Roofs: By the way, there is a lot of roofing material available in the market. Which is give you good looking roof. But gin zinc material gives you a great attractive look.
- Easily Shaped Install: It really very easy to install on roofs. Because it is very light. It is also easy to transport. Zinc can be easily folded into unique shapes for a beautiful and unique roofline.
- Ability to Self Repair: Scratches and corrosion are repaired by zinc itself over time. This is a unique and amazing feature that zinc roofing provides.
3. Steel Roofing Material
Steel material is also very famous for roofing. Which is very much used by roof constructors.
- Good High Strength: Steel Roofing has a high strength to weight ratio which means it has high strength per unit mass.
- Good Flexibility: Steel material is very flexible due to which it remains in severe blind and storm. Steel can mold it into any shape, without changing its properties.
- Very Durable: Steel is a very durable material. A well-built steel roofing can last up to 30-40 years or more if maintained well.
4. Copper Roofing Material
Copper roofing is increasingly popular for both industrial and domestic applications. These materials have been using for roofing since medieval times. Copper roofing is still seen in some medieval buildings and churches. It gives a golden look which is looking more attractive.
- Lightweight and Flexible: Copper is a lightweight material that can be easy to install and easy to transport.
- Elegance and Attractiveness: copper roofing looks Elegance and Attractiveness.
- Environmental Friendly: Copper is an energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly material. It also reflects heat, which maintains the temperature of the warehouse.
2. Liquid-Applied Roofing
Liquid applied roofing is also known as the Liquid-applied membrane (LAM). LAM is a monolithic, fully-bonded, liquid-based coating suitable for many waterproofing and roofing applications.
When the liquid spray is applying to roofing. The entire roof is coat and covered. This liquid fills in cracks, gaps, and voids in the substrate.
The liquid applied roofing method is cost-effective, especially for roof repair roof. It is easy to use and safe. the sprayed liquid completely seals the roof and increasing the durability of the roof.
3. Asphalt Shingles Roofing
Roofs made of asphalt shingles are attractive, versatile. It is highly resistant to wind and fire. Asphalt shingles have been in use since 1890 for roofing. Due to its excellent properties, It spread very fast. About 70 to 80 percent of Asphalt Shingles using for the roof in the United States.
It is very easy to install. The manufacturing companies produce it in perfect shape and size.
Asphalt Shingles are of two types.
Organic Shingles Roofs that last for about 20-30 years. Organic shingles have made of paper or wood components.
Fiberglass shingles have been used since the 1950s. It lasts for about 30-40 years. Fiberglass shingles are so-called because they have made of fiberglass
4. Single-Ply Membrane Roofing Systems
Single Ply roofing is the most popular for flat roofing materials. It is used a lot these days due to its properties. It is more durable as well as fire-resistant.
There are three main types of single-ply Membrane Roofing Systems:
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin)
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer)
Pros of Single Ply Roofing
- Easy to install.
- Lightweight product.
- Economic feasible.
- Good eco-friendly.
Cons of Single Ply Roofing
- A thinner surface.
- A water retention problem may occur.
5. Modified Bitumen Roofing
Modified Bitumen (MB) roofing is asphalt-based roofing. MB is used for low-slope or “flat” roof structures. Bitumen roofs have five layers of protection Insulation, Modified Base Sheets or Plies, Modified Bitumen Membranes, Adhesive, and Surfacing. Which are withstand an extreme environment. It’s is originated in Europe in the mid-1960s. After this, MB is starts being used in the United States and Canada.
- Waterproof: Bitumen roofs the most waterproof commercial roofing option are available in the market.
- Energy-efficient: The top layers of bitumen roofs have the feature of reflectance and thermal emission. It reflects the heat of the sun. So that inside the temperature of the warehouse is low.
- Flexible: It is flexible roofing material and it expands and contracts without losing its shape and properties.
Easily maintain and repair: Bitumen Roofing is easy to maintain and repair. But it needs regular maintains.
6. Green Roofing
Green Roofing is the new age roof. Which is partially or completely covered by small green plants. Applied on a waterproof membrane.
There are two types of Green Roofing
- Extensive green roofs: it can hold up to 25 pounds of vegetation per square foot,
- Intensive green roofs: it can hold 150 pounds per square foot.
Green Roofing has many advantages such as. It reduces the overall heat conducted by the buildings and green plants prevent the distribution of smog, dust, and pollution.
7. Built-Up Roofing
Built-Up Roofing is also known as BUR. Mostly it is using for low-slope. This is the alternative roofing system of bitumen (asphalt). It consists of multiple layers of bitumen.
The built-up roof has three parts: Bitumen material, ply sheet, and surfacing materials.
Advantage of Buil-up Roofing
- Multiple layers of protection
- Good Thermal Performance
- Fire and Uplift Resistance
8. Composite Roof
Fiberglass, paper products, and asphalt mixer use to make composite roofing materials. Composite shingles are fire resistant and moisture resistant. It does not crack, split, peel, or warp. it is a more durable material.
Some composites are environmentally friendly while some are not. Some composites are made from material plastics and hemp fibers. Which are not environmentally friendly at all.
Advantage of composite roofing material
- Easily repair: The composite roofing sheet comes in small pieces. If composite shingles damage occurs, only those shingles need to be replaced.
- Easily available: This market is easily available in different materials, sizes, and colors.
Durability: It is good durable roofing material. Expert says that it can withstand for 30 to 50 years.
9. Twin Skin Roofing
Twin skin metals are uses for commercial roofing. It is a flexible, lightweight, and cost-effective commercial roofing material. It’s Required minimum maintenance.
The twin roof system consists of two metal sheets. one on top and the other at the bottom. This metal sheet can be steel, aluminum, copper, zinc, stainless steel, or titanium.
Z-purlin using to fix the user and lower sheets. insulation and vapor barrier use to fill the gaps.
We have seen some warehouse roofing materials that the construction companies are using nowadays. In the future, there will be new warehouse roofing materials in the market. which will be even better.
Read another post: