Flexi plywood is also known as flexible plywood. It can be easily moduled and bent into any shape without chipping, cracking, peeling, or staining. The use of Flexi plywood helps a lot in furniture and construction. When we have to make a furniture and construction model that has a lot of rotation. Flexible plywood proves to be a boon there.
In such a situation, if we do not use flexible plywood and use normal plywood then it will be very expensive and time-consuming.
How to make flexible plywood?
Flexible plywood is also made using the method of normal plywood. Flexible plywood also holds several thin wooden layers together and glued together. But two things are important in the whole process of making flexible plywood.
The first is the thickness of the plywood
Yes, it is necessary for flexible plywood to be thick so that the ply can be easily folded. But it is not kept so thin that it becomes weak and breaks easily while turning. So the thickness of the flexible plywood is about 3, 5, 7, 12 mm.
The Second is the wood quality of the plywood
A special type of wood is chosen to become flexible plywood which is flexible as well as strong.
Advantages of Flexible plywood.
- Flexible plywood can be easily folded into any shape without chipping, cracking, peeling, or staining.
- The use of this plywood saves a lot of time in construction.
- Flexible plywood makes it easy to shape difficult furniture.
Disadvantages of Flexi ply
- Due to the reduced thickness, they are not as durable as normal plywood.
- This plywood cannot be used for heavy construction.
Uses of Flexi ply
Flexible plywood is used to make furniture more than constructions. Flexi plywood is used in furniture for hard curved structures.
- It is used to make the back of the chair.
- Modern curved chairs are used to make
Read others related articles: